Thursday, April 15, 2010

Welcome to the blog

I've held off on creating a gaming blog for some time now. I thought about making a setting-specific blog, but I have far too many diverse gaming interests for that. Also, as a law student, I don't have time to manage several blogs.

My present projects include, but are not limited to, the following:

- Colonial Sudan - 28mm, British and Mahdists
- The Lord of the Rings Strategy Battle Game - Mordor
- Lasalle - 15mm 1813 Prussians
- The Great War - 28mm 1914 British, French, and Germans
- Various 28mm fantasy figures for roleplaying

To start off, below are some (admittedly bad) pics of a recent game set in the Sudan, circa 1885. Figures are Perry Miniatures and Wargames Foundry, painted by me. Terrain is by TheTerrainGuy. Rules are my home-brewed variant of Games Workshop's The Lord of The Rings Strategy Battle Game. My worthy opponent-and the victor of the game-is Dave.


A surly-looking group of River Arab musketmen:



The Emir and his small band disgorging themselves from the village, in a typically haphazard fashion:



Steady the line, lads:


When in doubt, form up on the hill and put the porters in front.


Come on Dave, it's not that hard to win when you outnumber me 2:1 and are 12" away.


4 comments:

  1. Yeah but that's 12" of English gunfire at my poor boy... fun game though.
    Count Zero

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing beats some LOTR variants I love em.
    Any chance you could send me your variant?

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry best not to post here. Im a member on LAF abhorsen950 pm me on there and ill reply with my email

    ReplyDelete